1. Dr. Akraa is now treating people of all ages with a proprietary, non-invasive, nonsurgical treatment option for the treatment of mild to moderate sleep apnea, snoring, and sleep-disordered breathing.
Your Sleep Apnea may be the result of an obstruction in the airway caused by narrow dental arches and/or an underdeveloped jaw.
“In 98% of patients with OSAS, the condition is due to abnormal anatomical features of the soft tissues and/or the structures of the maxillomandibular skeleton that cause a “disproportionate anatomy” of the airway.”
*ARCH OTOLARYNGOL HEAD NECK SURG/VOL 137 (NO. 10), OCT 2011
2. You can finally breathe a literal sigh of relief! Dr. Akraa is now offering a new hope for a possible lasting solution for the millions of people who suffer from mild-to-moderate sleep apnea, snoring, and sleep-disordered breathing. *(Individual results may vary)
4. More than 133 million Americans live with a chronic disease or disability. According to the 2006 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Sleep Disorders and Sleep Deprivation: An Unmet Public Health Problem, found the cumulative effects of sleep loss and sleep disorders represent an unrecognized public health problem and have been associated with a wide range of negative health consequences, including hypertension, diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, and at-risk behaviors such as alcohol and drug abuse. * www.sleepapnea.org (American Sleep Apnea Association)
5. Do you have a child who struggles with ADD/ADHD, Bedwetting, Chronic Allergies, Dark Circles Under the Eyes, Swollen Tonsils and Adenoids, Trouble at School, Irritability, Frequent Headaches, Restless Sleep, Snoring, Aggressive Behavior, Daytime Drowsiness, Nightmares or Night Terrors, Arrested Growth or Crowded/Crooked Teeth? It may not be what you think! Contact Dr. Akraa today for a free evaluation.
6. When a child has an underdeveloped upper and/or lower jaw, the airway could be impacted, and the child may struggle with other health issues during their lifetime. It may not be what you think so call us today at 818.776.1236 for a free evaluation by Dr. Akraa
7. Cute Smile Dental is now working with children who struggle to breathe when they sleep by using a system of orthodontic appliances and therapies. These treatments may help the upper and lower jaws to develop and reshape the oral cavity fully. As these areas develop more fully, the child’s airway may widen and expand, allowing the child to breathe better, and some of these symptoms may disappear. When children can breathe properly, they can begin to grow, learn, and blossom into their full potential.
8. Please join us for a Parent Educational Presentation to learn more about how these symptoms may be affecting people of all ages. Seating is limited, so please call the office at 818.776.1236 to reserve a space. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity!
9. ADD/ADHD, Bed Wetting, Chronic Allergies, Dark Circles Under the Eyes Snoring, Irritability, Chronic Ear Infections, Swollen Adenoids and Tonsils Daytime Drowsiness, Nightmares/Night Terrors Aggressive Behaviors Problems at School Restless Sleep, Frequent Headaches, Delayed Growth and Development, Crowded and Crooked Teeth.
Do you know someone who is struggling with any of these conditions? They could all be linked to one root cause – Underdeveloped Jaws and a Compromised Airway! Contact Dr. Akraa today at 818.776.1236 and sign up for a Patient Education Meeting! It may not be what you think!!!
10. If you or someone you love is dealing with mild to moderate sleep apnea, you likely have experienced the impact. Sleep Apnea can affect an individual’s mood, behavior, vitality, and energy.
- “100% of American’s [are] directly or indirectly affected by snoring and sleep apnea.”
- According to the Journal of Sleep Medicine, “38,000 annual cardiovascular deaths [are] related to sleep apnea.”
- In 2017, the Mayo Clinic’s article, “Sleep Apnea” stated, “1 in 5 people have shortness of breath”
It’s Time To Catch Your Breath
You may be suffering from a dangerous condition and not even know it. Here at Cute Smile Dental, we believe there’s more to patient care than just fixing teeth. Our goal for you is whole-body health. Ultimately, it’s our job to benefit your physical well-being in any way we can, and we believe that one of the first steps in the journey to whole-body health is an effective breathing wellness program.
More than 22 million Americans suffer from mild to moderate sleep apnea, a condition studies have shown to be directly correlated to anxiety and chronic fatigue. If left untreated, it can lead to numerous serious health conditions or even death. If you or someone you love is suffering from sleep apnea or sleep disordered breathing, we may be able to help.
Failure of the upper and lower jaw to develop properly is a common cause of obstructive sleep apnea. This condition, called maxillary hypoplasia and/or mandibular retrognathia/retrusion, often results in a compromised upper airway.
Obstructive sleep apnea has many signs and symptoms—some are so common we ignore them or even consider them normal. The following are a few of the most common signs that you or someone you love is suffering from sleep apnea:
– Frequent sleep interruptions
– Chronic fatigue
– Morning headaches
– High blood pressure
The Vivos System is a multi-disciplinary treatment protocol that may treat your sleep apnea and sleep disordered breathing issues. The treatment, which averages 12-24 months in duration, is non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical.
Pneumopedics® is the physiologic enhancement of the upper airway via naturally-occurring and treatment-induced changes over time. The Vivos System incorporates the science of Pneumopedics® in its treatment protocols for addressing maxillary hypoplasia and mandibular retrusion.
Sleep apnea affects every aspect of our lives. You’ll be amazed at the difference an effective breathing wellness program can have on your life and the lives of your family. It may reduce fatigue and anxiety, increase productivity, lessen the frequency and
severity of headaches—the list goes on and on. Not only does the quality of life improve, but an effective breathing wellness program can reduce the risk of dangerous conditions such as hypertension, stroke, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Breathe new life today. For more information, schedule a consultation with Dr. Akraa.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Akraa and the team at Cute Smile Dentistry value customer care.
They want patients to feel valued and empowered.